Do you ever feel that little pang of guilt for spending too much time online? On Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest perhaps? Most of us moms have probably felt that way one time or another. How awesome would it be to learn that your time spent online could be a source of income for your family?
If you’re an organized, self-starter who loves following blogs and pinning Pins, then read on. The following Become a Pinterest VA Today! review will show you how you can create an online career as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant and can help you decide if it’s the right fit for you.
First of all, what is a Pinterest VA? For an in-depth answer, you can read this interview with expert Kristin Larsen. But in a nutshell, according to Kristin, a Pinterest VA “basically means you’re helping someone with Pinterest online and from afar.”
Become a Pinterest VA Today! teaches the ‘how-tos’ of building a Pinterest VA business that you can run from the comfort of your own home, on your own schedule.
Course name: Become a Pinterest VA Today!
Creators: Gina Horkey and Kristin Larsen
Introduction to Become a Pinterest VA Today!
Gina Horkey and Kristin Larsen are online business owners, and friends, that partnered up to create Become a Pinterest VA Today!. Gina is the creator of Horkey Handbook, 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success and also 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success. She personally built her virtual assistant/writing business to $4,000/month while working a full-time job and was able to leave that job behind in only eight months.
Kristin is the creator of Believe in a Budget, the blog that launched her online career only two years ago. She is a Pinterest expert, running her own Pinterest management business and also creating Pinterest Presence, a course that teaches bloggers and business owners how to use the Pinterest platform to drive traffic to their websites. She is also an expert side hustler. You can check out her course on side hustling here.
Together, their backgrounds make the perfect duo to create this course, which covers not only how to do the work of a Pinterest VA (now including content from Pinterest Presence!), but also how to start and run the business side of your business.
- It is possible to go through the material within a month and then get right to practicing your skills and finding clients
- Once you purchase the course, it is available to go through at your convenience and in whatever order you want
- The comprehensive course material is presented concisely
- An active Facebook group for previous and current course members
- Live Q & A sessions within the Facebook group for additional support
- Course members have lifetime access to updates at no additional cost
- You can tailor your business to the Pinterest VA services you want to offer: setting up or updating Pinterest accounts, converting personal accounts to business accounts, setting up Pinning schedules, creating and designing Pins, and more!
- It has a low start up cost compared to other businesses
- The course outlines how much to charge clients based on hourly rates and packages. Starting at $15-20 an hour is recommended, with Pinterest VAs with highly developed skills charging as much as $50/hour
- 7 Day Refund Policy if you are not satisfied with your purchase
- The course is not always available for purchase – there is generally a waitlist between launches and then a window to purchase the course
- You’ll have to be a self-starter to be successful – as an entrepreneur, you’ll have to find your own clients and then keep them happy
- The course touches on where to find and pitch clients, but some students felt like they needed more ideas and help with this. You may need additional resources to build your pitching skills and find your first clients since pitching is a skill that takes practice and persistence to develop.
Become a Pinterest VA Today! overview
Become a Pinterest VA Today! is a self-paced, online course that teaches the skills needed to launch and grow a successful Pinterest VA business, from Pinterest knowledge to the basics of running your business.
The Become a Pinterest VA Today! coursework includes technical training on Pinterest, Tailwind, and Canva, Pin requirements and best practices, tools to use and who should pay for them, services to offer and what to charge, invoicing and contract tips and tricks, and more.
There are plenty of ‘how-tos’ including:
- how to create Pins that will stand out from the rest
- how to establish a web presence and build a portfolio
- how to find clients and pitch them
- how to read analytics
- how to interview and onboard new clients
- how to report the results to your clients
Although it’s not a lengthy course, it is comprehensive. The material is well-presented, and some students said that the videos make it feel like Gina and Kristin are right there teaching you. You can complete the material quickly if you’re motivated. Unlike some online courses, which require longer term commitments, if you block out time, you can be through the material and on to practicing skills and finding clients within a month or two.
Who is Become a Pinterest VA Today! for?
The course is great for current virtual assistants who want to add Pinterest services to their business, or someone who wants to get started as a VA. It is also for entrepreneurs who like helping bloggers and business owners, and anyone who wants a work-from-home job with a flexible schedule.
Become a Pinterest VA Today! is particularly good for busy moms looking to work from home, because tasks can be done at any time of day and they can be done in short chunks of time (like that hour or two during nap-time or before the kids wake up in the morning).
Become a Pinterest VA Today! training and resources
The course curriculum includes an introductory video, five comprehensive video modules, each with several lessons, and a final section packed with additional resources. The modules cover the following: your role as a Pinterest VA, how to establish your Pinterest VA business, how to find clients, working with clients, and how to expand your business.
There are 15+Tech Training Videos on topics such as:
- How to design Pinterest Pins with Canva
- Setting up and navigating the Pinterest biz platform
- How to schedule content using Tailwind
- Pinterest and Tailwind analytics
The course includes actionable companion workbooks, templates, and additional resources. A few of the downloadable resources include:
- A Tailwind Pinning calendar
- A Pinterest Scheduling Spreadsheet
- Client Onboarding Workbook
There is a private Facebook group for previous and current course members. It’s an active group where you can share information with other members and ask questions. Within the Facebook group, Gina and Kiristin offer live Q & A sessions which is a great opportunity to get support directly from either of them.
Educational qualifications and skills needed
There are no specific educational prerequisites needed to take this course. You need to have basic computer skills and be familiar with navigating the internet.
Other helpful qualities include:
- Willingness to work hard and learn new things
- A ‘go-getter’ attitude
- Good time management skills
You may be wondering if you need an artistic side to be a Pinterest VA. While someone with creative skills may really love Pin design, it’s really not a necessity. With free stock photos from sites like Pixabay, tools like Canva, and the lessons in Become a Pinterest VA Today!, Pins can be created pretty easily.
- Computer and internet access
- A printer, if you want to print the material that comes with the course
- A Tailwind account, if you plan to schedule Pins (You will need one and your clients will need one as well.)
- Your own website and blog is recommended, but not required
Price of Become a Pinterest VA Today!
With each launch, the price for Become a Pinterest VA Today! has gone up, and with the price increase, new content has been added. If you know this is something you want to do, you will most likely benefit if you purchase at the next launch, since you will have access to any future content at a lower cost.
The current cost for the course is one payment of $299, or there is an option to make two payments of $159. Keep in mind there are sometimes special offers for those on the waitlist.
My final opinion
Become a Pinterest VA Today! teaches the tools you need to perform Pinterest virtual assistant services and how to create a work-from-home business. The material is presented in an effective and easy to understand manner. You can complete the course in a month or so and move right on to practicing and finding clients soon after. (You can read one previous student’s success story here!) In addition, a number of previous course members said that they have recommended the course to others.
Overall, it may be one of the best opportunities out there for moms who want to work from home, because it’s highly flexible. As a Pinterest virtual assistant, you can work in short blocks of time, whenever you can fit them in. For example, you can create Pins for your clients in one block of time, and then schedule them with Tailwind in another. You also choose how many hours you can work, and then only take on the number of clients you can manage within that time frame.
The suggested hourly rate to charge as a beginner is decent, and there is opportunity to scale quickly as you develop your online skills. The main thing to keep in mind is that you’ll have to be a go-getter, especially if you want to make it a full-time career. As a solopreneur, finding clients is on you. To build your business, you will have to be persistent.
Verdict: It provides a legitimate, anywhere anytime career.
If you’re interested in learning more, be sure to check out the interview with Kristin. It’s also a good idea to join the wait list so you’ll know when the course is available for purchase and also so you’ll be notified of any deals on the course price.
Do you have any questions about Become a Pinterest VA Today!? Jump right in and ask them. I’d love to answer them.