If you are a stay-at-home mom, then you obviously put the needs of your family and home first. But are there times when…
- you feel like you would like to do something a bit different in your spare time?
- you wish that you could use the skills you have, so they don’t get rusty by the time the kids grow up a bit?
- you are waiting on the side of the swimming pool wishing you had something to do other than wait for the swimming meet to finish?
This site is developing around the idea that there must be jobs you can do whenever and wherever you are. In this day and age where we all use iPods, laptops and other such gadgets all the time, we might as well make the best use of them. With the internet accessible almost everywhere now, it is easy to take advantage of sites that might let us work wherever we are and whenever we can.
As a mother you need to be able to slip in work wherever it fits, you need to be able to work at your own pace, and you can’t be plagued by dead-lines that aren’t your own. You need to be able to manage your own time and dictate when you can work on things that aren’t family or home related.
This site gives two routes to achieve this:
- One option is to do flexible work where you generally work for someone else – for example blogging on other peoples’ sites, editing, proofreading, doing something like Fiverr gigs or working for work-from-home companies like NexRep or Convergys.
- The other option is to build up your own online business – affiliate marketing, building websites for clients, developing online courses, building your own proofreading business, building your own virtual bookkeeping business or flipping websites – all things where you are your own boss.
This site also provides access to methods and training of how to develop an online business, become an affiliate marketer, get profitable blogging opportunities, learn how to write and blog effectively, how to proofread court transcripts, how to become a virtual bookkeeper and other such applicable skills.
There are a lot of jobs that can be done anywhere. But the anytime part is more difficult to find. So this site is starting out with a few that are really anytime as well as anywhere jobs, such as proofreading.
The second option isn’t a job per say, but definitely a way to engage yourself, learn, and in time generate an income as well. Building a website or a business online may sound scary, but it isn’t so difficult when you have the training, support and guidance you need. But like learning anything else, it takes time and application. The relevance here is that it is on your terms – you are in charge of when and where you do it and hence in charge of your own ‘job advancement’.
If you have any questions or ideas, please do leave them below and I’ll get back to you. Or you can contact me directly here.