If you’re trying to earn money from home on the internet, one of the first things you are probably going to hear about is affiliate marketing. What is it? What are some affiliate marketing pros and cons?
- hard or easy?
- legitimate or not?
- part-time or full-time?
- a suitable opportunity if you want to start building your own online business?
- a realistic opportunity to make income from home?
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Before we talk about the pros and cons of affiliate marketing, do you actually know what it is? In a nutshell, affiliate marketing is when you create various forms of content such as blog posts, articles, videos, audio recordings, or paid advertisements in order to promote and sell other people’s or companies products or services.
When you make a sale or have someone perform an action such as signing up to receive additional information about a product, you earn a commission. You join an affiliate program, promote the merchant’s product or service and receive commissions – it is as simple as that, or is it?
Let’s take a look at some of the pros for running your own affiliate marketing business.
The Pros of Affiliate Marketing
Some of the many pros of running your own affiliate marketing business are:
- Low Starting Costs: You can actually get started with affiliate marketing for very little money. Technically, you can actually get started for free. There are very few businesses out there that you can create with such a low initial investment.
- Easy to join: Most affiliate programs are quite easy to join. You simply have to fill out a form with the required information. Some have some basic requirements for your site, but generally they are no too hard to fulfill.
- No Hassle Dealing with Products: Since you are selling someone else’s products, you don’t have to deal with packaging, shipping, inventory, customer support or any of the like. Those aspects are dealt with by the person or company selling the product or service. All you need to do is entice people to buy it through your site.
Can be Done from Anywhere and Anytime: With an affiliate marketing business, all you need is your computer (or other such device) and an internet connection to keep up with your daily work. This gives you the freedom to work from home while the kids are at school, napping or doing their homework, or in the park while you are waiting for them to finish baseball practice.
- Part-time or Full-time: Affiliate marketing is something that can be done part-time or full-time, depending on your needs and your situation. You are the boss – you are in control. You work enough to fulfill your goals – whether that is to spend more time with the children, to make more money or both.
- Unlimited Income Potential: When it comes to affiliate marketing, the amount of money that you can earn is literally limitless. It all depends on how much traffic you are able to generate and how many people you are able to convince to try the offer that you are promoting. While it does take some time to develop a successful affiliate marketing business, if you’re willing to put the time in, the rewards can truly be life-changing.
- The Ability to Help Others: One of the reasons that I personally enjoy affiliate marketing is that I feel I’m able to help others by providing solutions to their problems. When they are searching for the most suitable products to meet their needs, you can be right there in front of them, providing them with a solution and earning a little bit of money while doing it.
The Cons of Affiliate Marketing
There are some of the pitfalls associated with affiliate marketing as well. These include:
- Many Scams: If you just do a search on Google for guidelines of how to get started with affiliate marketing, you are more than likely going to find a lot of scams that are simply designed to separate you from your money while promising you insane results that are simply impossible to obtain. This can be the case whether you are looking for affiliate marketing training or affiliate programs to join.
Can Be Overwhelming: When you’re first trying to get started learning how to set up your own affiliate marketing business, there’s a lot of information out there. Without a solid plan of action, you can find yourself struggling to get from point A to point B, and ultimately never get going.
- Challenging Aspect of Finding a Niche: It can be challenging to find a niche that is suitable for you – one that you know enough about to be able to help people, yet profitable and with reliable affiliate programs associated with it.
- Not as Simple as it Seems: Join, promote, sell, earn! It sounds so easy. If you have someone to show you what to join, how to promote and all the details in between, it can be easy eventually. But there is a learning curve and you need the right guidance and support to get you there. It does take work, no matter what anyone tells you!
- Lack of Understanding: Another major challenge when it comes to getting started with affiliate marketing is that the people who are around you simply will not understand exactly what you’re trying to do. When you tell them that you’re trying to make money on the internet, they immediately begin thinking of the scam that they just heard about on the news a couple of days ago and don’t relate to what you try to explain to them.
If you were just here to know about the pros and cons, you can stop here. But if you are interested in pursuing affiliate marketing, then….
How Do You Avoid The Cons While Pursuing The Pros?
A lot of newcomers to the world of internet marketing ask this very same question. Honestly, it’s a lot simpler than you may have previously thought.
In order to avoid the scams that exist on the internet, it is important for you to find a quality training program that will teach you how to get started with affiliate marketing the right way, right out of the gate.
Once you have found a quality program, it is important for you to make certain that it is organized in such a way that it allows you to complete tasks in order, so that you are able to see results from your hard work.
Finally, in order to be successful, one of the biggest things that you must do is surround yourself with other like-minded individuals. For that reason, it is important for you to find a group of people that you can network and communicate with who are pursuing similar goals.
Try to find people who have a little bit more experience than you do so that you can ask them for advice and help when you need it.
Where to Go from Here?
There are many different training programs out there on the internet that can help you learn how to get started with affiliate marketing. One such program that I highly recommend is Wealthy Affiliate.
Why is this?
There are a few reasons that I strongly recommend joining Wealthy Affiliate especially if you’re just getting started in the world of affiliate marketing.
First, Wealthy Affiliate gives you the ability to try out the program before you ever pay a penny. This will allow you to test the waters to see if affiliate marketing is right for you before you invest any of your hard-earned money.
Second, Wealthy Affiliate has well organized, step by step training including tutorials, webinars, classrooms, question-answer areas and more.
Third, Wealthy Affiliate provides you with a community of like-minded individuals who are more than willing to reach out, say hello and help you out. This will enable you to forge relationships that can benefit both your personal life, as well as your business future.
Finally, the people behind Wealthy Affiliate have years of experience in affiliate marketing that they share with all the members in order to help them to become more successful themselves.
As you can see, giving Wealthy Affiliate a shot, is really an opportunity that has no risks associated with it. For this reason, if you were contemplating affiliate marketing, then you should head on over and try it out today so that you can learn more about it and the life-changing results that it can have for you.
Please note: You can join Wealthy Affiliate for $299 per year NOW through May 11th. To take advantage of this special, click here. Once you purchase at the discounted price, you are “grandfathered in” at that rate until you cancel the membership. Rates jump to $459 per year after May 11th. You can try out the free starter membership to get a better idea of what Wealthy Affiliate has to offer.