Do you ever feel that little pang of guilt for spending too much time online? On Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest perhaps? Most of us moms have probably felt that way one time or another. How awesome would it be to learn that your time spent online could be a source of income for your family?
If you're an organized, self-starter who loves following blogs and pinning Pins, then read on. The following Become a Pinterest VA Today! review will show you how you can create an online career as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant and it can help you decide if it's the right fit for you.
First of all, what is a Pinterest VA? For an in-depth answer, you can read this interview with expert Kristin Larsen. In a nutshell, according to Kristin, a Pinterest VA “basically means you're helping someone with Pinterest online and from afar.”
Become a Pinterest VA Today! teaches the ‘how-tos' of building a Pinterest VA business that you can run from the comfort of your own home, on your own schedule.
Program name: Become a Pinterest VA Today!
Creator: Kristin Larsen
Introduction to Become a Pinterest VA Today!
Kristin Larsen is an online business owner and the creator of Believe in a Budget, the blog that launched her online career. She is a Pinterest expert, having run her own highly successful Pinterest management business and being the creator of a variety of Pinterest-related products. She is also an expert side hustler.
Her background makes her perfect for creating this program, which covers not only how to do the work of a Pinterest VA, but also how to start and run the business side of your business.
- It is possible to go through the material within a month or two and then get right to practicing your skills and finding clients
- Once you purchase the program, it is available to go through at your convenience and in whatever order you want
- The comprehensive program material is presented concisely
- The program content is updated as Pinterest and/or Tailwind makes changes; for example, when Pinterest releases new best practices, content is updated in the program right away
- You can tailor your business to the Pinterest VA services you want to offer: setting up or updating Pinterest accounts, converting personal accounts to business accounts, setting up Pinning schedules, creating and designing Pins, and more!
- It has a low start-up cost compared to other businesses
- The program outlines how much to charge clients based on hourly rates and packages
- Program members have lifetime access to updates at no additional cost
- You'll have to be a self-starter to be successful – as an entrepreneur, you'll have to find your own clients and then keep them happy
- The program touches on where to find and pitch clients, but some students felt like they needed more ideas and help with this. However, the program content has been updated based on member feedback and the program now includes several different ways to market your business.
- If you need a secure income immediately, it may not be for you right now. It can take time to build your skills (both Pinterest skills and sales skills), find clients, and grow your business
Become a Pinterest VA Today! Overview
Become a Pinterest VA Today! is a self-paced, online program that teaches the skills needed to launch and grow a successful Pinterest VA business, from Pinterest knowledge to the basics of running your business. The program has recently been reframed to focus on the end goal of a side hustle making $1,000-$2,000/month.
The Become a Pinterest VA Today! coursework includes technical training on Pinterest, Tailwind, and Canva, Pin requirements and best practices, tools to use and who should pay for them, services to offer and what to charge, invoicing and contract tips and tricks, and more.
There are plenty of ‘how-tos' including how to:
- create Pins that will stand out from the rest
- establish a web presence and build a portfolio
- find clients and pitch them
- read analytics
- interview and onboard new clients
- report the results to your clients
The material is well-presented, and some students said that the videos make it feel like Kristin is right there teaching you. You can complete the material quickly if you're motivated. Unlike some online programs, which require long-term commitments, if you block out time, you can be through the material and on to practicing skills and finding clients within a month.
The program now has two options: a self-study program (where you can join the paid community optionally) and the self-study program + Community (where the community is an automatic part of your package.)
Who is Become a Pinterest VA Today! for?
The program is great for current virtual assistants who want to add Pinterest services to their business, or for someone who wants to get started as a VA. It is also for entrepreneurs who like helping bloggers and business owners, and anyone who wants a work-from-home job with a flexible schedule.
Become a Pinterest VA Today! is particularly good for busy moms looking to work from home, because tasks can be done at any time of day and they can be done in short chunks of time (like that hour or two during nap-time or before the kids wake up in the morning).
Become a Pinterest VA Today! Training and Resources
The program curriculum includes four comprehensive modules, lesson homework, customizable templates, step-by-step guides, 10+ training videos, student success stories, and more. The modules cover the following:
- your role as a Pinterest VA
- services you can offer
- how to find and land clients
- how to work with clients
- tech training
- advanced services you can offer
Some of the things students learn in the tech training include:
- how to design Pinterest Pins with Canva
- setting up and navigating the Pinterest biz platform
- how to schedule content using Tailwind
- Pinterest and Tailwind analytics
- how to use Pinterest SEO to get the most mileage from your pins
- how to scale your PVA biz by offering Promoted Pins services
The program and bonuses include actionable companion workbooks, templates, and additional resources. One example is the Client Onboarding Workbook.
When you join the program, you can choose to have access to the Pinterest Presence Community, which is an active and supportive community of your Pinterest VA peers and PVA Team Members.
As a beginner Pinterest VA, the Community will be there to help answer program questions and give you feedback.
There is also a resource center of videos and relevant questions and answers about the program and working with clients.
You'll have access to a 4-part wellness series from the Community's Wellness Coach, which can be super important when you’re nervous about landing your first client, as well as access to all previous Community Office Hours.
Another benefit of joining the Community is the exclusive job leads, which are added on a regular basis. In the last year alone, leads worth a collective $630,000 were shared in the Community!
Another note about the Community – it is no longer housed within FaceBook. PVA now has its own online community. Gone are the days of searching for topics inside the Facebook group with outdated info. Everything in the new community is categorized and easy to find. The goal is to create a community that is a major resource center and networking resource with your peers.
Educational qualifications and skills needed
There are no specific educational prerequisites needed to take this program. You need to have basic computer skills and be familiar with navigating the internet.
Other helpful qualities include:
- Willingness to work hard and learn new things
- A ‘go-getter' attitude
- Good time management skills
- Ability to sell
You may be wondering if you need an artistic side to be a Pinterest VA. While someone with creative skills may really love Pin design, it's really not a necessity. With free stock photos from sites like Pixabay, tools like Canva, and the lessons in Become a Pinterest VA Today!, it can be pretty easy to create pins.
- Computer and internet access
- A printer, if you want to print the material that comes with the course
- A Tailwind account, if you plan to schedule Pins (You will need one and your clients will need one as well.)
- Your own website and blog is recommended, but not required
Price of Become a Pinterest VA Today!
The program has two options now:
Self-Study Program: Full payment of $899 or 2 payments of $479
Self-Study Program + Community: Full payment of $1599 or 2 payments of $799.50
My Final Opinion
Become a Pinterest VA Today! teaches the tools you need to perform Pinterest virtual assistant services and how to create a work-from-home business. The material is presented in an effective and easy-to-understand manner. If you put in the work, you can complete the program in less than a month and move right on to practicing and finding clients soon after. In addition, graduates recommend the program to others.
Overall, it is a great opportunity for moms who want to work from home because it's highly flexible. As a Pinterest virtual assistant, you can work in short blocks of time whenever you can fit them in. For example, you can create Pins for your clients in one block of time and then schedule them with Tailwind in another. You also choose how many hours you can work and then only take on the number of clients you can manage within that time frame.
The suggested hourly rate to charge as a beginner is decent, and there is the opportunity to scale quickly as you develop your online skills. The main thing to keep in mind is that you'll have to be a go-getter, especially if you want to make it a full-time career. As a solopreneur, finding clients is on you. To build your business, you will have to be persistent.
Verdict: It provides a legitimate, anywhere anytime career.
If you're interested in learning more, six graduates who now run their own businesses came together to do a two part interview:
Do you have any questions about Become a Pinterest VA Today!? Jump right in and ask them. I'd love to answer them.