Do you ever feel that little pang of guilt for spending too much time online? On Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest perhaps? Most of us moms have probably felt that way one time or another. How awesome would it be to learn that your time spent online could be a source of income for your family?
If you're an organized, self-starter who loves following blogs and pinning Pins, then read on. The following Become a Pinterest VA Today! review will show you how you can create an online career as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant and it can help you decide if it's the right fit for you.
First of all, what is a Pinterest VA? For an in-depth answer, you can read this interview with expert Kristin Larsen. In a nutshell, according to Kristin, a Pinterest VA “basically means you're helping someone with Pinterest online and from afar.”
Become a Pinterest VA Today! teaches the ‘how-tos' of building a Pinterest VA business that you can run from the comfort of your own home, on your own schedule.
Program name: Become a Pinterest VA Today!
Creator: Kristin Larsen
Introduction to Become a Pinterest VA Today!
Kristin Larsen is an online business owner and the creator of Believe in a Budget, the blog that launched her online career. She is a Pinterest expert, running her own Pinterest management business and also creating Pinterest Presence, a course that teaches bloggers and business owners how to use the Pinterest platform to drive traffic to their websites. She is also an expert side hustler.
Her background makes her perfect for creating this course, which covers not only how to do the work of a Pinterest VA (now including content from Pinterest Presence!), but also how to start and run the business side of your business.
- It is possible to go through the material within a month and then get right to practicing your skills and finding clients
- Once you purchase the course, it is available to go through at your convenience and in whatever order you want
- The comprehensive course material is presented concisely
- The course content is updated as Pinterest and/or Tailwind makes changes; for example, when Tailwind introduced the new Smart Loop feature, content was added to the course right away
- Course members have lifetime access to updates at no additional cost
- You can tailor your business to the Pinterest VA services you want to offer: setting up or updating Pinterest accounts, converting personal accounts to business accounts, setting up Pinning schedules, creating and designing Pins, and more!
- It has a low start-up cost compared to other businesses
- The course outlines how much to charge clients based on hourly rates and packages
- You'll have to be a self-starter to be successful – as an entrepreneur, you'll have to find your own clients and then keep them happy
- The course touches on where to find and pitch clients, but some students felt like they needed more ideas and help with this. However, the course content has been updated based on member feedback and the course now includes several different ways to market your business.
- If you need a secure income immediately, it may not be for you right now. It can take time to build your skills (both Pinterest skills and sales skills), find clients, and grow your business
Become a Pinterest VA Today! Overview
Become a Pinterest VA Today! is a self-paced, online program that teaches the skills needed to launch and grow a successful Pinterest VA business, from Pinterest knowledge to the basics of running your business.
The Become a Pinterest VA Today! coursework includes technical training on Pinterest, Tailwind, and Canva, Pin requirements and best practices, tools to use and who should pay for them, services to offer and what to charge, invoicing and contract tips and tricks, and more.
There are plenty of ‘how-tos' including how to:
- create Pins that will stand out from the rest
- establish a web presence and build a portfolio
- find clients and pitch them
- read analytics
- interview and onboard new clients
- report the results to your clients
The material is well-presented, and some students said that the videos make it feel like Gina and Kristin are right there teaching you. You can complete the material quickly if you're motivated. Unlike some online courses, which require long-term commitments, if you block out time, you can be through the material and on to practicing skills and finding clients within a month.
Who is Become a Pinterest VA Today! for?
The course is great for current virtual assistants who want to add Pinterest services to their business, or for someone who wants to get started as a VA. It is also for entrepreneurs who like helping bloggers and business owners, and anyone who wants a work-from-home job with a flexible schedule.
Become a Pinterest VA Today! is particularly good for busy moms looking to work from home, because tasks can be done at any time of day and they can be done in short chunks of time (like that hour or two during nap-time or before the kids wake up in the morning).
Become a Pinterest VA Today! Training and Resources
The course curriculum includes four comprehensive modules, lesson homework, customizable templates, step-by-step guides, 10+ training videos, student success stories, and more. The modules cover the following: your role as a Pinterest VA, Pinterest and Tailwind technical training, how to establish your Pinterest VA business, how to find clients, working with clients, and how to expand your business.
Some of the things students learn in the tech training include:
- How to design Pinterest Pins with Canva
- Setting up and navigating the Pinterest biz platform
- How to schedule content using Tailwind (including how to use Tailwind's newest feature, SmartLoop)
- Pinterest and Tailwind analytics
- How to set up and manage Promoted Pins
- How to use Pinterest SEO to get the most mileage from your pins
- How to scale your PVA biz by helping clients capitalize on their Pinterest traffic with sales funnels, opt-ins, and more
The program and bonuses include actionable companion workbooks, templates, and additional resources. One example is the Client Onboarding Workbook.
When you join the program, you'll have instant access to 30 days of the Become a Pinterest VA TODAY! Community, which is an active and supportive community of your Pinterest VA peers, PVA Team Members and Pinterest Managers.
As a beginner Pinterest VA, the Community will be there to help answer program questions and give you feedback during Bonus Live Trainings, challenges, portfolio reviews and more!
You’ll have access to the Community's Wellness Coach, which can be super important when you’re nervous about landing your first client.
Another benefit of joining the Community is the job leads, which are added on a regular basis.
The first 30 days of Community access are free, and then you can choose to renew at a nominal flat monthly membership fee. The program's most successful students have benefited from participating in the Community, so you'll likely want to stick around!
Educational qualifications and skills needed
There are no specific educational prerequisites needed to take this course. You need to have basic computer skills and be familiar with navigating the internet.
Other helpful qualities include:
- Willingness to work hard and learn new things
- A ‘go-getter' attitude
- Good time management skills
- Ability to sell
You may be wondering if you need an artistic side to be a Pinterest VA. While someone with creative skills may really love Pin design, it's really not a necessity. With free stock photos from sites like Pixabay, tools like Canva, and the lessons in Become a Pinterest VA Today!, it can be pretty easy to create pins.
- Computer and internet access
- A printer, if you want to print the material that comes with the course
- A Tailwind account, if you plan to schedule Pins (You will need one and your clients will need one as well.)
- Your own website and blog is recommended, but not required
Price of Become a Pinterest VA Today!
The program has two payment options: A one-time payment of $899, or 4 monthly payments of $249.
My Final Opinion
Become a Pinterest VA Today! teaches the tools you need to perform Pinterest virtual assistant services and how to create a work-from-home business. The material is presented in an effective and easy to understand manner. You can complete the course in less than a month and move right on to practicing and finding clients soon after. (Read previous students' success stories success stories here!) In addition, a number of previous course members told me that they have recommended the course to others.
Overall, it is a great opportunity for moms who want to work from home because it's highly flexible. As a Pinterest virtual assistant, you can work in short blocks of time whenever you can fit them in. For example, you can create Pins for your clients in one block of time and then schedule them with Tailwind in another. You also choose how many hours you can work and then only take on the number of clients you can manage within that time frame.
The suggested hourly rate to charge as a beginner is decent, and there is the opportunity to scale quickly as you develop your online skills. The main thing to keep in mind is that you'll have to be a go-getter, especially if you want to make it a full-time career. As a solopreneur, finding clients is on you. To build your business, you will have to be persistent.
Verdict: It provides a legitimate, anywhere anytime career.
If you're interested in learning more, six graduates who now run their own businesses came together to do a two part interview:
Do you have any questions about Become a Pinterest VA Today!? Jump right in and ask them. I'd love to answer them.