**There may be affiliate links included in the following post which means I may make a small commission if you choose to make a purchase through any of these links. You pay the same either way, so it is a win-win situation! You can read the full disclosure here.**
Do you ever feel that little pang of guilt for spending too much time online? On Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest perhaps? Most of us moms have probably felt that way one time or another. How awesome would it be to learn that your time spent online could be a source of income for your family?
If you’re an organized, self-starter who loves following blogs and pinning Pins, then read on. The following Become a Pinterest VA Today! review will show you how you can create an online career as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant and it can help you decide if it’s the right fit for you.
First of all, what is a Pinterest VA? For an in-depth answer, you can read this interview with expert Kristin Larsen. In a nutshell, according to Kristin, a Pinterest VA “basically means you’re helping someone with Pinterest online and from afar.”
Become a Pinterest VA Today! teaches the ‘how-tos’ of building a Pinterest VA business that you can run from the comfort of your own home, on your own schedule.
[Updated: September 12, 2019]
Course name: Become a Pinterest VA Today!
Creators: Gina Horkey and Kristin Larsen
To access live trainings with Kristin and Gina, ‘like’ the Pinterest VA Facebook page.
Introduction to Become a Pinterest VA Today!
Gina Horkey and Kristin Larsen are online business owners, and friends, that partnered up to create Become a Pinterest VA Today!. Gina is the creator of Horkey Handbook, 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success and also 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success. She personally built her virtual assistant/writing business to $4,000/month while working a full-time job and was able to leave that job behind in only eight months.
Kristin is the creator of Believe in a Budget, the blog that launched her online career only two years ago. She is a Pinterest expert, running her own Pinterest management business and also creating Pinterest Presence, a course that teaches bloggers and business owners how to use the Pinterest platform to drive traffic to their websites. She is also an expert side hustler. You can check out her course on side hustling here.
Together, their backgrounds make them the perfect duo to create this course, which covers not only how to do the work of a Pinterest VA (now including content from Pinterest Presence!), but also how to start and run the business side of your business.
- It is possible to go through the material within a month and then get right to practicing your skills and finding clients
- Once you purchase the course, it is available to go through at your convenience and in whatever order you want
- The comprehensive course material is presented concisely
- The course content is updated as Pinterest and/or Tailwind makes changes; for example, when Tailwind introduced the new Smart Loop feature, content was added to the course right away
- Course members have lifetime access to updates at no additional cost
- You can tailor your business to the Pinterest VA services you want to offer: setting up or updating Pinterest accounts, converting personal accounts to business accounts, setting up Pinning schedules, creating and designing Pins, and more!
- It has a low start-up cost compared to other businesses
- The course outlines how much to charge clients based on hourly rates and packages
- For the first 60 days, you have free access to the Pinterest Post for job leads, a supportive Facebook community, coaching, live bonus training, technical support, and more
- 7 Day Refund policy
- You’ll have to be a self-starter to be successful – as an entrepreneur, you’ll have to find your own clients and then keep them happy
- The course touches on where to find and pitch clients, but some students felt like they needed more ideas and help with this. However, the course content has been updated based on member feedback and the course now includes several different ways to market your business.
- If you need a secure income immediately, it may not be for you right now. It can take time to build your skills (both Pinterest skills and sales skills), find clients, and grow your business
Become a Pinterest VA Today! overview
Become a Pinterest VA Today! is a self-paced, online program that teaches the skills needed to launch and grow a successful Pinterest VA business, from Pinterest knowledge to the basics of running your business.
The Become a Pinterest VA Today! coursework includes technical training on Pinterest, Tailwind, and Canva, Pin requirements and best practices, tools to use and who should pay for them, services to offer and what to charge, invoicing and contract tips and tricks, and more.
There are plenty of ‘how-tos’ including:
- how to create Pins that will stand out from the rest
- how to establish a web presence and build a portfolio
- how to find clients and pitch them
- how to read analytics
- how to interview and onboard new clients
- how to report the results to your clients
The material is well-presented, and some students said that the videos make it feel like Gina and Kristin are right there teaching you. You can complete the material quickly if you’re motivated. Unlike some online courses, which require long-term commitments, if you block out time, you can be through the material and on to practicing skills and finding clients within a month.
Who is Become a Pinterest VA Today! for?
The course is great for current virtual assistants who want to add Pinterest services to their business, or for someone who wants to get started as a VA. It is also for entrepreneurs who like helping bloggers and business owners, and anyone who wants a work-from-home job with a flexible schedule.
Become a Pinterest VA Today! is particularly good for busy moms looking to work from home, because tasks can be done at any time of day and they can be done in short chunks of time (like that hour or two during nap-time or before the kids wake up in the morning).
Become a Pinterest VA Today! training and resources
The course curriculum includes five comprehensive modules, lesson homework, 25+ technical training videos, student interviews, and more. The modules cover the following: your role as a Pinterest VA, Pinterest and Tailwind technical training, how to establish your Pinterest VA business, how to find clients, working with clients, and how to expand your business.
Some of the things students learn in the tech training include:
- How to design Pinterest Pins with Canva
- Setting up and navigating the Pinterest biz platform
- How to schedule content using Tailwind (including how to use Tailwind’s newest feature, SmartLoop)
- Pinterest and Tailwind analytics
- How to set up and manage Promoted Pins
- How to use Pinterest SEO to get the most mileage from your pins
- How to scale your PVA biz by helping clients capitalize on their Pinterest traffic with sales funnels, opt-ins, and more
The course and course bonuses include actionable companion workbooks, templates, and additional resources. One example is the Client Onboarding Workbook.
Become a Pinterest VA Today! support
Email support is available as needed for questions related to course material. Students also get free access to additional support via the Pinterest Post for sixty days. Students can maintain their membership in the Pinterest Post after the first 60 days for a flat monthly fee.
The Pinterest Post is a great place to get extra training, feedback, and job leads as you go through the course material and take on clients.
A few more details on the Pinterest Post Community
The Pinterest Post is an active and supportive community where members can ask questions about the course material, share feedback on Pin designs, get help with pitching, and any other challenges they are facing.
There are regular office hours with Kristin and Gina to get individual coaching, support, and training directly, and they are also active within the group chat. Another benefit of joining the Pinterest Post is the job leads, which are added on a regular basis.
Having an exclusive community allows Gina, Kristin, and their team to offer more personalized support to students who are committed to building their Pinterest VA businesses, rather than a large Facebook group where their time is divided.
Educational qualifications and skills needed
There are no specific educational prerequisites needed to take this course. You need to have basic computer skills and be familiar with navigating the internet.
Other helpful qualities include:
- Willingness to work hard and learn new things
- A ‘go-getter’ attitude
- Good time management skills
- Ability to sell
You may be wondering if you need an artistic side to be a Pinterest VA. While someone with creative skills may really love Pin design, it’s really not a necessity. With free stock photos from sites like Pixabay, tools like Canva, and the lessons in Become a Pinterest VA Today!, Pins can be created pretty easily.
- Computer and internet access
- A printer, if you want to print the material that comes with the course
- A Tailwind account, if you plan to schedule Pins (You will need one and your clients will need one as well.)
- Your own website and blog is recommended, but not required
Price of Become a Pinterest VA Today!
The program has two payment options: A one-time payment of $799, or 2 monthly payments of $479.
My final opinion
Become a Pinterest VA Today! teaches the tools you need to perform Pinterest virtual assistant services and how to create a work-from-home business. The material is presented in an effective and easy to understand manner. You can complete the course in less than a month and move right on to practicing and finding clients soon after. (Hear about previous students’ success story here!) In addition, a number of previous course members told me that they have recommended the course to others.
Overall, it is a great opportunity for moms who want to work from home, because it’s highly flexible. As a Pinterest virtual assistant, you can work in short blocks of time, whenever you can fit them in. For example, you can create Pins for your clients in one block of time, and then schedule them with Tailwind in another. You also choose how many hours you can work, and then only take on the number of clients you can manage within that time frame.
The suggested hourly rate to charge as a beginner is decent, and there is the opportunity to scale quickly as you develop your online skills. The main thing to keep in mind is that you’ll have to be a go-getter, especially if you want to make it a full-time career. As a solopreneur, finding clients is on you. To build your business, you will have to be persistent.
Verdict: It provides a legitimate, anywhere anytime career.
If you’re interested in learning more, be sure to check out the interview with Kristin. It’s also a good idea to join the waitlist so you’ll know when the course is available for purchase and also so you’ll be notified of any deals on the course price.
Do you have any questions about Become a Pinterest VA Today!? Jump right in and ask them. I’d love to answer them.