Are you ready to start your online career, or take one to the next level? If so, free courses are the perfect way to get your feet wet and see if a particular online career is the right one for you.
For me, a free course was the thing that got me started in affiliate marketing. I was interested but unsure and not ready to make an investment. Taking the free course gave me the chance to check affiliate marketing out and see if it would fit into my busy life, and if I even liked it.
Once I got into the course material, I was excited to find out it was a legitimate way to make an income from home, and that it was flexible enough to fit into my busy life. After that, I was ready to invest with confidence.
Take a look at the following free online courses to start your work-at-home career and see if one or two stand out to you.
They are all FREE and have all been verified as legitimate work-from-home careers.
[Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below, but these are all courses I highly recommend. I won’t put anything on this page that I haven’t verified and/or personally used.]
[Last Updated on: March 25, 2021]
- Learn how to transform your passion for words and reading into a thriving business.
- What are the 5 signs that proofreading could be a perfect fit for you.
- Learn how proofreading could be your ticket to lifestyle freedom and financial security.
- Learn the surprisingly easy way to attract your ideal proofreading clients.
Interview with the course creator, Caitlin Pyle
- What is scoping? What does a scopist do?
- How big is the demand for scopists?
- What skills does a scopist need? Let's test your skills & see if it's a good fit for you.
- How can you find clients as a scopist?
- Do you need a degree to be a scopist?
- How much money do scopists make?
- What do I need to be a scopist?
Interview with the course creator, Linda Evenson
- Learn what transcription REALLY is and WHY it's an IN-DEMAND skill.
- .WHO uses transcriptionists and what does it take to become one
- WHAT factors make you a great transcriptionist
- HOW much can you earn and WHAT affects your earning potential the most
- WHERE does transcription work come from?
- and much more
- WHAT are the 7 ways you can build a freelance business in 2021.
- WHAT are the 3 trends that are changing the freelance economy this year.
- WHICH small businesses will need freelancers more than ever before.
- HOW can you level up your skills fast and make more money.
- No need for a Amazon seller account or signing up for any subscriptions.
- No spending money buying 100 boxes of the latest doo-hickey.
- Learn to find the RIGHT products.
- And learn how to know WHAT sells (and is worth your trouble).
- Get started learning how to start an online business with 2 free websites.
- Learn how to create quality website content.
- Learn how to build a wordpress website.
- Learn how to get web visitors to your new website.
- Learn how affiliate marketing works (even if you're a complete beginner).
Some FAQs about this affiliate marketing training platform
Review of the full training offered
- Learn how much money you really can make as a proofreader (with plenty of case studies included).
- Learn how to tell if proofreading is a good fit for you (we have a quiz that will give you honest answers).
- Learn how to really find clients (even if you've never done it before).
- 3 critical mistakes new proofreaders make (and how to avoid them).
- Videos, case studies, templates and more you can use right away for free.
Review of the free course
Interview with the course creator, Caitlin Pyle
- Learn what voice over work is and how does it work.
- Learn what skills you need to do voice over work.
- Learn how to find clients.
- Learn how much money you can make as a voice over artist.
- Learn what equipment you do and don't need.
- What is a typical day as a voice over artist?
Interview with Julie Eickhoff, the course creator
FREE TRAINING WORKSHOP ON HOW TO LAND YOUR FIRST CLIENT AS A PINTEREST VA
- Learn how to get started as a Pinterest VA
- Find out what are the best services to offer and how much to charge
- Learn how to manage a new online business.
- Learn how to land your first paying clients (even if you've never done it before).
Interview with Kristin, a co-creator of the course
- How and why Kirstin started Diva Dog Bakery.
- How Kirsten went from making her first $20 to over $1000 per month.
- The best places to sell your homemade dog treats (online & offline).
- Marketing tactics to boost sales and profit margins.
- How to source ingredients and packaging supplies.
- and more
- No college degree required.
- The 4 lies that are holding you back and how to overcome them.
- What the people already working at home know that you don't.
- The surprisingly easy way to attract the right clients so you can work your way.
Additional Free Resources
Get a list of 275+ services you can offer as a virtual assistant.
Gina's personal skills inventory process for finding hidden skills (that are worth money).
A self-assessment workbook to help you determine how much to charge (or how to raise your rates).
PLUS plenty of success stories from our VA students (to help inspire you and give you ideas for your business).
- Get our list of the most important podcast skills small businesses are looking for.
- Get our podcast launch checklist and know exactly how to run a successful launch for your clients.
- Get our podcast production checklist we use with our clients.
- Can anybody be successful at transcribing?
- The top three reasons people fail at transcription work
- Spotting the scams
- The real truth about working from home
- 15 common transcription myths and misconceptions
- Who hires transcriptionists?
- Hear directly from successful freelance transcriptionists
- How do I become a successful transcriptionist?
You probably have a gut feeling right off the bat about which course sounds like a good fit for you, but it doesn’t hurt to sign up for more than one course since they’re completely free.
Now is the time to do some thorough research. You never know – you might be surprised by one. And be sure to check in again if you find the courses you sign up for aren’t the right fit. This page will be updated with more free online courses to start your work-at-home career as new ones become available and are verified as worthwhile courses!