Would you like some training to improve your written expression?
Are you interested in trying your hand at blogging while the kids are busy doing their homework or chores?
Are you trying to improve your writing skills to make your website content more attractive?
Name: SECRET SAUCE OF GREAT WRITING
Instructor: Shani Raja
SECRET SAUCE OF GREAT WRITING – Course Overview
In this online course at Udemy, Shani Raja, an editor and writing coach provides three basic principles anyone can use to improve their writing. Though the explanation is clear with good examples, it is more like an introductory course. There are 9 video lectures and the 10th lecture includes an e-book that covers the main aspects of the course. The course also has a certificate of completion.
- Shani Raja's presentation is clear and engaging
- He gives good examples and exercises for you to try as well
- You can do the course at your own pace
- There is a list of the lectures, the lecture description, a discussion area and a note area adjacent to each video lecture
- Having the video lectures as well as the e-book allow you to absorb the material more easily
- The course is accessible anytime and from anywhere – whether you are on a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android
- You get lifetime access to the course enabling you to refresh your skills as needed
- The exercise sentences are not shown on the screen – if you haven't noted them down as they are narrated, it is a bit difficult to do them
Who is the SECRET SAUCE OF GREAT WRITING for?
This course is for anyone who wants to improve their style of writing and communication. It is great for bloggers and professionals who want slick writing skills to help career advancement or business opportunities.
Training & Tools
The format of the training is video lectures. Additional tools include a discussion area and a note-taking area.
You can make comments or ask questions based on the course in the discussion area which may or may not be responded to. I have contacted the instructor Shani Raja twice by sending direct messages through the message option in his profile and received answers both times.
The Udemy platform itself has good support and a Student forum for questions related to accessing the course material and other course-related questions.
It is free.
Educational Qualifications and Skills Needed
- No particular qualifications
- Ability to absorb the presented techniques and apply them
My Final Opinion
I really enjoyed the course even though it was more like an introduction to Shani Raja's advanced course Writing with Flair. It made me think more about the words I use while writing and how I use them. I now look at writing through a lens of simplicity, clarity, and elegance – his three principles. It also made me want to hear more of his lectures.
Though basic, it is a good course to develop your writing skills. If you want to take a look at it, click here.