**There may be affiliate links included in the following post which means I may make a small commission if you choose to make a purchase through any of these links. You pay the same either way, so it is a win-win situation! You can read the full disclosure here.**
Would you like some FREE training to start your own business and work from home?
Would you like the FLEXIBILITY to be able to work WHEREVER you are – on a laptop or an iPad, at home or in the park?
Would you like the FLEXIBILITY to be able to work WHENEVER you have a bit of time – while the baby naps or while the boys are finishing soccer practice?
[Updated February 10, 2018]
Wealthy Affiliate is having a Black Friday Sale beginning November 29th and ending December 2nd at 11:59 p.m. PST.
***The sale is extended two more days!!!
I found a place where this can be a reality. Below you will find my personal experience with Wealthy Affiliate followed by a Wealthy Affiliate review. This is …….
How It Started:
When I first discovered Wealthy Affiliate, I was looking for work I could do online whenever I had the time. My schedule changed daily and I needed something that was flexible. At that time Wealthy Affiliate was free for the first 7 days. The only reason I tried it was that it looked flexible and it was free.
The phrase ‘online business’ didn’t mean a thing to me, nor did ‘affiliate marketing’ or most of the other terms I was seeing. But I decided to try the Getting Started course and this is what I found……
- The tutorials were task based and arranged in a step by step manner allowing me to do as little or much as I had time for.
- The short videos helped me ‘see’ what was being explained.
- I started to get an idea of what this ‘online business’ idea was all about.
Not only that……
- I was able to build a website myself and start adding content to it.
- I was encouraged to join the chats and discussions, and no question was considered ‘too silly’.
- The community was helpful and I didn’t feel alone.
It was worth it! I decided to pay for the first month.
That was a several years ago… and I am still here. But you don’t get 7 days free anymore… Instead you get a free starter account (with two free websites) that lasts as long as you decide to keep it.
The ONLY reason you would need to pay, was if you decided that there really was a lot to learn here and you wanted to stay around with your new-found friends and take advantage of the rest of it.
What Happened Next:
I continued with the training and found that:
- The method of building a business here was basically by building a website, sharing information and helping people to connect with the products they want.
- The initial process taught was how to promote others’ products and get a commission from them.
- The training clearly explained how to choose a niche (or topic) for your site and how to research, find and develop content for it.
- It also showed how to organize and present content on the site in a way that leads to a more pleasant experience for the reader.
But that was just the beginning….
- I saw that there was a wealth of information to soak up and apply.
- Besides the certification courses presented by the owners and training resources developed by other members, there were discussions, classrooms, weekly live video sessions (with replay options for those that missed them), and live chat with the opportunity to ask questions wherever you were.
- And there were other training modules or blogs on ‘peripheral’ topics like how to make your own videos, writing skills, improving typing speed, taking and editing screenshots, organizing your site development plan and all sorts of useful skills that help while building a site.
- The content was updated and grew in real time. Changes in Google, for example, were noted and addressed so everyone could learn how to change their strategies if needed.
All members were encouraged to answer others questions based on their own experience and knowledge.
- All members were welcome and encouraged to share their knowledge and expertise through their blogs or by developing new tutorials.
- The platform itself and services provided were constantly being updated and improved.
- I discovered that building a business around affiliate programs was just one of the ways I could use the skills I learned here. I saw some members building websites for their own customers, some writing SEO and user-friendly content for others’ websites and others using their skills to teach others.
So what is in it for you as a stay-at-home mom?
- First of all, it is something that you can work on wherever you are and whenever you have time – after the kids go to school, while the baby naps, during basketball practice, you name it!
- It allows you to be in control of your situation – kids sick? going on a holiday with the family? No problem! Put it aside for a while or change your work schedule.
- It is something that you can develop slowly and expand upon in future years when you have more time for yourself.
- It is something that you can do with the kids to spend online time with them.
- It is an opportunity to challenge yourself and learn a host of new skills.
- It is an opportunity to make new friends, learn from others and help others learn.
The list could go on and on…
Here is what some moms and dads have to say:
So…. if you want to give it a go,
and allow yourself to get a feel of things – look around, discover what you find and see if you like it. Or, if you would like to read thoughts of some other members on Wealthy Affiliate, you can read them here.
Below is my original format based review that I wrote. But I realized that it didn’t really show my personal experience as my title states. So I started over and came out with what you read above. If you are interested to read more elaborate details feel free to read on….. or if you would prefer to skip straight to the bonus section, go ahead!
Wealthy Affiliate Review
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Owners: Kyle & Carson
Introduction to Wealthy Affiliate
Wealthy Affiliate is a place of learning for beginners and pros, and a place to network with other online entrepreneurs. It is a place where anyone with a passion or interest can learn to build a website to start an online-based business using that interest and anyone who already has a business (online or offline) can develop it further.
It is a scam free environment where the culture of the members of the community is to help others out. The owners, Kyle and Carson, are very active and present in the community and don’t stand for any behavior that brings down that standard. Before going into too much detail, let me list some of the pros and cons:
- Interactive, helpful and scam free environment
- Courses consisting of task-based lessons requiring involvement and action
- Training resources
- Video walkthroughs
- Question-answer sessions
- Classroom and discussion areas
- Live chat (24/7/365)
- Weekly live video classes (and a library of all the replays)
- Easy to use website builder
- Two free websites (for starter members) and 50 websites (for premium members)
- Domain purchase and registration
- Free state-of-the-art web hosting and site support
- SiteContent platform designed to make writing content and adding images easy
- Keyword research tool and keyword lists
- Personal blog
- Affiliate program (even for starter members)
- Constantly being updated and improved
- Accessible from anywhere and at anytime
- Starter membership is free with no further obligations or hidden charges
- It can become addictive!
- The amount of information available can sometimes be overwhelming
- Blogs and discussions can easily distract you from sticking to your course tasks. (If you have plenty of time, this could actually be a pro as you can learn so much. But if your time is limited, it is a con.)
- Once in a while you come across a piece of outdated information that hasn’t been weeded out yet
Wealthy Affiliate Product Overview
Wealthy Affiliate is a well-structured learning environment allowing newbies to get started from scratch, and people with previous knowledge to develop further. There are courses and training resources to help you learn the methods and techniques of building or expanding an online business. The training initially focuses on affiliate marketing, but is not limited to that.
There are the basic tools, including a website builder and hosting, a keyword research tool, an article editor, etc. which are needed to develop an online business. And whenever you get stuck, there is plenty of support in the form of a 24/7 live chat, discussion and classroom areas, question-answer sessions and more.
Another aspect that makes the environment engaging and interesting is that people from all over the world are taking part. So not only are the chats and discussions 24/7, but there are instances where you can get exposure to different ideas, ways of using language and of looking at things.
Who Is Wealthy Affiliate For?
Wealthy Affiliate is for anyone who wants to build a website and/or develop their internet marketing skills – anyone who wants to build an online business or take theirs to the next level.
It is ideal for stay-at-home moms (and dads), because it is so flexible. You can go through the training and work on building your website at times that are convenient for your family, whether you have short, but frequent blocks of time daily to utilize, or you block out one day per week to exclusively work on your site while your kids are with a sitter, for example.
It doesn’t make a difference if you are young or old, experienced or inexperienced, from the east or the west. All you need to have is the interest and determination to put in real work to get real results.
On the other hand, it is not for people who imagine they can make money with 3 clicks of a mouse, spammers or people who want to rig the system.
Wealthy Affiliate Training
The basic training is in the form of task-based courses, each course consisting of 10 modules. There are the general Certification courses and the specific affiliate Bootcamp courses in which the presentation is a mix of text and video. As the training is task based, you see results – your website and business grow as fast as you progress through the material (assuming you DO the tasks and not just read them).
In addition to this, there are weekly live video classes which are all recorded and archived. Many members develop additional training either through their blogs or through tutorials based on additional peripheral topics.
There are plenty of places to get your questions answered – in the discussion area under each training, the classrooms, the 24/7 live chat, the question-answer session after the live video classes and even in members blogs at times! Premium members also have the ability to private message other members as needed. I’ve never felt alone or without support here – the community is helpful and pay-it-forward is the general attitude of the members.
The courses and the community are quite interactive. Some members complain that it is kind of addictive!
Wealthy Affiliate Resources
Any online business requires a website and the website builder, SiteRubix, at Wealthy Affiliate allows you to easily build a fully functional and powerful site in a matter of minutes.
The sites are responsive and are able to adapt to any screen size which is of great importance when so much of the world now searches the web on iPhones and tablets. You can build free websites or sites on your own domains.
The hosting is state-of-the-art cloud hosting. There is a keyword and competition tool enabling you to find traffic attracting keywords to use on your site and in advertising. You can use Rapid Writer to edit content and more.
SiteRubix not only has a site builder, but you can also manage your site health, get comments, and get feedback from other members. And recently SiteDomains was added, so now you can buy, register, host and maintain your domains all from one place.
One of the best things about Wealthy Affiliate is that they are constantly striving to update and improve the features and services offered. Since adding SiteDomains, they’ve improved the SiteManager which now includes:
- SiteSpeed (faster website!)
- SiteSSL (HTTPS)
- SiteProtect (spam blocker)
They’ve also added several more brand new features including:
- SiteContent – a writing platform that allows you to track your progress, use and save templates for efficiency, easily publish to your websites, and more!
- SiteContent Images – allows you to search for free images and add them to your posts with ease
- Jaaxy – a popular keyword research tool used by many marketers now accessible within Wealthy Affiliate
Support at Wealthy Affiliate
The support at Wealthy Affiliate is all around you. All the training materials and courses have comment/question areas at the bottom. The live video classes have question-answer sessions at the end.
You can also join the live chat, a classroom or discussion to ask questions. Some people even use their blog to explain a difficult situation they are trying to solve in order to get others’ opinions or solutions.
If you are a premium member you can also private message (PM) other members for help or ideas. In the middle of all this you will see the co-owners, Kyle and Carson, both giving their time and support to help members out.
If you have technical difficulties with your site all you have to do is submit a support ticket and problems are generally sorted out quickly. The technical support staff is helpful and responsive.
Educational Qualifications and Skills Needed
There are no required educational qualifications or degrees needed to join or be able to succeed at Wealthy Affiliate. But you do need:
- The interest and perseverance to go forward and take action
- Basic computer and internet skills
- Basic writing skills are helpful, but they can also be developed
- Typing skills make things faster
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to ask for help
- Willingness to help others
Wealthy Affiliate has two price options:
Starter Membership: $0
Premium Membership: $49 per month or $359 per year
You can get an idea of the differences from the grid below:
So…. if you are interested….
Take a look around – explore the starter course, the videos, the 24/7 chat, the website builder and whatever else you find. Get to know some of the other members, ask questions and see if you like the community and the environment.
It might be too obvious by now, but I think this is one of the greatest places to be to learn the skills needed to build or develop an online business. To be honest, I haven’t seen another place like it.
Of course, nothing is perfect – everyone has different preferences and there may be aspects that some people appreciate more or less than others. But Kyle and Carson are doing a great job of continually improving the services at Wealthy Affiliate and personally helping out the members.
So….my verdict: A totally legitimate anywhere anytime career opportunity!
And to Claim Your Bonus…
You can get a special bonus if you decide to go Premium to get full access within your first seven days. For starts, you will get a 59% discount on your first month of Premium membership. As for the rest of the bonus….. as soon as you go Premium, I’ll contact you on your profile page to let you know how to access it. See you there!
If you have taken a look at Wealthy Affiliate or tried it out, I’d love it if you shared your view by adding a comment below this post. If you have any questions, see if they are answered here, or else leave those below too.