**There may be affiliate links included in the following post which means I may make a small commission if you choose to make a purchase through any of these links. You pay the same either way, so it is a win-win situation! You can read the full disclosure here.**
Here are some frequently asked questions by people considering joining Wealthy Affiliate:
(Updated on July 16, 2016)
1. What exactly is Wealthy Affiliate?
2. What kind of training is provided?
3. What basic services and tools are you referring to?
4. Is Wealthy Affiliate a university or an affiliate program?
5. How much does it cost to join?
6. Are there up-sells? Will I end up having to fork out more and more money just to get the training material and tools I need?
7. Do you have to be in the US or Canada to join?
8. Is it easy to discontinue membership if I want to?
9. How will I make money? How will I get paid?
10. How long does it take to start earning?
11. Is it true that Wealthy Affiliate is a scam?
12. But you have to pay to join Wealthy Affiliate. Are not jobs that you have to pay for scams?
13. Why can’t I find a telephone number or address contact information? Is it safe to join such a program?
14. I have two kids and a house to take care of. Is this something I might be able to fit into my schedule?
15. I don’t know anything about business or marketing. How can I possibly start a business?
Wealthy Affiliate is a web-based community of people interested in starting and building a business online. It is a spam free environment where beginners and pros build their businesses, interacting, sharing ideas and opinions and helping each other out. There is a wealth of training and support. It also has all the basic services and tools needed to start and run an online business.
The initial emphasis is on learning out to build a business based on affiliate marketing, but it is no way limited to that.
The training is interactive and takes many forms:
- Courses and modules which are task-based and contain many videos and discussions
- Many stand-alone tutorials
- Weekly live webinars (and many recorded ones)
- Blogs through which members share useful and interesting skills and information
- 24/7 live chat
- Comment areas everywhere allowing members to ask questions, share and discuss ideas
- An easy to use website builder
- A system that allows you to get feedback and comments on your site
- Top of the line web hosting
- Website monitoring, security, and support
- Keyword research tool
- Content publisher
- Link Tracker
- Affiliate program and more
Both – it is an online platform where you can receive an education in online marketing and you can promote it as an affiliate as well.
It is free to join. With the free membership, you can build two free websites and gain access to basic training, tools, and services.
(The free membership allows you to see if it is something you want to invest your time and energy into. You can remain a free member as long as you want.)
If you decide to go premium, there are monthly or yearly rates, as you prefer: $47 per month ($1.56 per day) or $359 per year ($0.98 per day).
No, there are no up-sells.
No, you can join from anywhere in the world.
Just among the members I am familiar with, there are people from the US, Canada (of course!), England, Scotland, India, Taiwan and Australia.
If you are a free member you don’t have to do anything to cancel your membership. If you no longer want to receive any e-mails from Wealthy Affiliate, you can discontinue them by unclicking all the e-mail notification settings in the account settings.
If you are a premium member, you can stop billing and close your account in your account settings.
It depends on how you monetize your site. The training shows you different ways to do this including joining affiliate programs, using Google Adsense, etc.
Depending on how you earn your money, you may get paid through PayPal, by check or by direct deposit into your bank account.
That completely depends on you. People who follow the training diligently and invest time on it regularly can start to see traffic and a few sales in 3 to 6 months. If they continue to put the time and effort into it, it is possible to get a rolling business in a year. But once again, it all depends on how seriously you take it and how much effort you put into it – the less you put into it, the longer it takes.
No, it is not a scam.
First of all, Wealthy Affiliate is not a job. It is an online platform where you can learn the skills you need to start an online business in any area that you have a passion for. You pay for the training, support, and services that Wealthy Affiliate provides.
The owners do not provide telephone support. If you ask for an address they will provide it. But the fact is that you can join for free to see what is offered at Wealthy Affiliate and whether it is something you are interested it pursuing.
Once inside you can interact with the other members and even with the owners if you happen to be on the live chat at the same time as either of them are. You can also email the owners if needed.
Wealthy Affiliate has been around since 2005 and if you search the web, you will find hundreds of good reviews about it. It is definitely safe. And like I said before, you can join for free to look around – if you don’t like it, just don’t go back.
Yes. It is possible to work on it in little segments of time. But as you are the boss (i.e. in control of it), you can work on it whenever and wherever you want. If you don’t have much time to put into it, it may take longer to see results – you just have to be more patient.
(You can read my personal experience with the program if you are interested.)
By following the training!
If you have basic computer skills, can follow directions, have interest in a topic that you would like to learn more about and share, and are ready to learn and work, then you can most probably succeed.
If you have any other questions or comments, please do leave them below.